Quick start guide
Here we've listed the necessary steps to start using ATrigger to call your scheduled tasks in 10 minute.
Step 1: Create an accountYou need an account to get API authentication credentials and a verification file. In this step after filling this form, you will be forwarded to your private setup page. All details are available immediately.
You need to have/save this 3 items for the next steps:
- API Key
- API Secret
- Domain Verification File
Step 2: Verify your domainA Trigger needs to make sure each user can make requests for only their own websites. This is a security ability to avoid possible unwanted requests on other websites. Now you can make sure you are the only one who can call your tasks using A Trigger. It's a simple procedure:
- Download your personal* verification text file at: http://atrigger.com/panel/ATriggerVerify (you have this file from the Step 1)
- Upload it to the root of your task domain.
Step 3: Start using A TriggerIn the two previous steps you have successfully activated your A Trigger API.
- Your have your API Key and Secret.
- The verification file is uploaded and you are a trusted user to make scheduled tasks for your website.
Create tasks using panelIf you need a few specified scheduled tasks, you don't need to using A Trigger API. You can make them in your panel in a few seconds. Even you don't need your API authentication credentials.
- Login to your panel.
- Click on create a new task shortcut on the right menu.
Required fields are:
- Time Slice: a number value and a time quantity.
- Count: how many times should be repeated?
- URL: is your task URL. A Trigger will call this URL at the specified time slice and will repeat this cycle for "Count" times.
Create tasks using A Trigger APIIn most cases, scheduled tasks are more than fingers. For example, We need to create several scheduled tasks for each user programmatically. Obviously you can not login to A Trigger Panel to create sets of new tasks for each new signup! We worked very hard to make a powerful API and we believe we did it. We have a simple REST API that you can start using it by any programming language available. You need just to make simple HTTP calls to A Trigger API URL. That's all.
To make it more simple, We've made some libraries for popular languages and we are busy to increase or coverage. Using a library, you can create tasks with a single line.
To read about API technical details, follow our API documents: ========================================